Putting your best foot forward
Good preparation is by far the best way to eliminate interview nerves. We want to see what you are capable of and whether you would be suited to the position. Following these simple guidelines will help you give the best possible account of yourself on the day:
- Make sure you can talk confidently about everything on your CV or application form.
- Research the position and list the skills and experiences being sought. Review your own background and think of specific examples that match them.
- Learn as much as you can about the company. Our corporate website (www.ba.com) is a good place to start. Keep an eye on national newspapers and the business press.
- Prepare a list of questions. They should be perceptive, and help you to assess whether the role, and our company, is right for you.
- Remember to engage with the interviewer. Take your time if needed to answer questions fully and pay attention throughout.
- Don't avoid talking about a period in your life where you encountered difficulties or felt your performance wasn't as you might have liked. Instead, talk about what you learnt from the experience and how it helped you move forward.
- Practise your responses to specific questions. It will give you confidence and make you feel more at ease.
- Finally, be yourself. It's the surest way to succeed!